<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : What's in a blog name??

Saturday, November 6, 2010

What's in a blog name??

Hi friends!

I'm glad you decided to read my first blog entry! I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now. The reasons are three-fold:

1) I move around a lot and it can help people (i.e. friends and family) keep up with me
2) It gives me an un-biased medium to rant on
3) Makes me feel like I have an ounce of artistic expression

So decision made: bloggified. Then I had to come up with a blog title, which seems easy, but in reality was not. I didn't want a common name like "journey of a girl in her life/adventures/travels" or "just a girl and her dog" or something equally lame*. I also couldn't narrow down my blog to one particular topic (i.e. as a speech path, or a dog owner, or a traveller), because I want to talk about everything! So I was looking for originality and diversity at the same time. It was hopeless. Until, I saw HIMYM http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1723669/ (season 6, episode 3 - great show!), and they ask "where's the poop?". Once upon a time, when I came home my dog would give me a look... and that look would mean that he had pooped somewhere in the house. They used the line "where's the poop?" to get at whatever the characters were hiding. I chose to make it my blog title because:

1) It's hilarious
2) It's unexpected
3) I have a dog, and I get it
4) I want my blog to be a way of expressing all of those things I may not say outloud. I want to feel like everyday someone is asking me "where's the poop, Lindi?"

That is all. Enjoy!

* Sorry if those are your blog names... I still like you...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 6, 2010 at 4:24 PM , Anonymous LisaT said...

This is fantastic - and I love the name! I just saw that episode too - good times.

 
At November 7, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous jennyc said...

so i haven't seen the episode... but i still love this and am all for it! yaaay!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home