<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : What makes a great conversation?

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What makes a great conversation?

This questions was posed to me after I expressed that I "love great conversations". I thought it was a valid question. Why do we sometimes walk away from conversations lingering with thoughts and feeling elated? Why do we forget some conversations moments after they happen.

So I started thinking of places and people I've had great conversations with:
  • pink flamingos in the fireplace room
  • mom in the williams coffee pub
  • boyfriends (often during walks)
  • new small group
  • my bestie on skype
There are not a lot of common denominators in this group. The ones I found are:
1) honesty
2) intimacy
3) openness
4) meaningful

That's it. Some of the people I didn't know well or have a great history with, others I did. Some people I didn't have a warm setting, with others I did. Some knew my history, others didn't. All the great conversations revolved around something deeper. Great love. Meaning in life. Spirituality. Conflict. The conversations were meaningful. They were open and honest. They all transcended that superficial conversation level.

Thoughts?? I'm waiting for my next GREAT conversation to see if this still stands up.

2 Comments:

At November 20, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Anonymous jennyc said...

oh the fireplace room. The secrets that the walls of that place hold....

We've come a long way though, looking back to then. it's pretty neat. (yet in a lot of ways, we're still exactly the same) :)

 
At November 20, 2010 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Lindi said...

hahaha, that's soo true. That fireplace room holds a LOT of memories!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home