<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Snowboarding Fiasco

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snowboarding Fiasco

So, yesterday I got all geared up to snowboard. It was SUPER fun and I'm a pretty quick learner so it was going really well. The only problem was that I got a bit over confident.... I started going to fast and trying things and getting a little reckless. Winnipeg (friend nickname) and I were still only on the baby hills, but I was still able to be a little crazy somehow.

BEFORE: happy and innocent


AFTER: sad and defeated

I was in emerge for 5 hours waiting for everything. Oblique break in two spots of my ulna. Weak bones. Literally. I'm starting calcium supplements soon. Thankfully Winnipeg stayed with me. I'm sooo grateful for that! I don't think I could've gotten through the long long afternoon without her.

The craziest thing is that I'm totally going to go again! I'm just going to look into wrist guards, and better falling methods, haha. Winnipeg will take me whether she likes it or not! (I hope you read this Winnipeg, lol).

ps - this was a difficult and long typing process. stupid broken wrist.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 4:17 AM , Anonymous Jen said...

This made me laugh. Well I'm not laughing at you breaking the wrist... but at the way you wrote it. hope your bones heal up nice and strong, better go buy some milk and yogurt! (or maybe calcium chews, lol)
ps good to talk to you yesterday! :) almost like a real visit!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous Alishia said...

That sucks!! I'm sorry you broke your wrist - but it just goes to prove Skiing is better than snowboarding ;P And calcium is good!!! Make sure you take Vitamin D along with the calcium, or taking calcium does nothing :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home