<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Three Strikes You're Out

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Three Strikes You're Out


You know those people who always make plans with you and then flake at the last minute... I'm getting really annoyed with those people.

I understand that legit stuff comes up sometimes, stuff you have to cancel for. I'm not talking about those busy people. I'm talking about the ones that say "oh, we'll see if I'll be able to come" or "Sorry, I just felt like lying on my couch, ya know?" or "I have to wait around in case someone decides to skype me even though I have no plans to skype anyone". Those people.

In order to avoid the disappointment of another cancellation (even though, they're really sorry they can't make it!) I've come up with the 3 strike rule that I apply to my friendships. Seriously. It came about because at work, we give clients 3 tries to show up to appointments or reply and if they don't they're discharged. 3 strikes.
It's pretty simple really. 3 strikes and you're out. But only three strikes in a row.
1 cancellation happens sometimes.
2 cancellations are rare, and usually require the other friend to make a real effort to make up the time.
3 cancellations though, that's a flaky friend.

Just like one of my clients, if they call, they can get re-assessed, but I just won't be putting the effort in to contact them first.

So far I've applied this rule to two people in Grande Prairie. One of whom I was glad to discharge, the other of whom was a friend, but will save me the frustration of numerous plans and cancellations. Too harsh? Thoughts?

ps - I'm enjoying the puns and baseball analogies that go along with explaining to friends that I discharged another friend, or that they struck out

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Anonymous wanderinglifeguard said...

i have a similar policy... it's a good one :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home