<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Christmas Love

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Love

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! I hope that everyone had as great a holiday as I did! It was so nice to get some downtime. I apologize to any faithful followers, cause I haven't been updating like I should be! I've been on a bit of a hiatus with all of the Christmas festivities, but I'm back. Mr. A (although I may have to change this name now cause it's getting to his head!) and I decided to open our stockings and presents on Christmas Eve. We came home back to my place after the Christmas Eve service and made some nice Tassimo coffees (thanks Alyssa!) and opened gifts! It was nice cause we weren't rushed on Christmas morning.

In the morning I got to Skype my family back home :) My brothers don't seem to care very much about seeing me, but I was definitely glad to see all of them. It's just nice to hear the typical Van Strien banter. Makes me feel like Christmas is a little more normal. Then we spent Christmas day with Mr. A's family and some family friends. It was a very full house, with very good food, and very good company. I had a lot of fun. Oh - and I forgot to mention... we took the quads out for a Christmas afternoon spin! Truly an Albertan Christmas now!

It was great and it flew by, and now I'm gearing up for the New Years celebrations tonight :)

Here are all the presents and stockings! Mr. A got a board games and some coffee mugs and a really nice travel coffee mug! And Santa brought us framed pictures of us together too :)

Joopers was not forgotten! He got a yummy bone (in his mouth!), and nice new jacket (for the cold Albertan winters), and a penguin squicky toy (which is now half demolished).

And that's what I got!! Isn't it beautiful!! It's an eco drive watch so I never have to change the batteries! And its got diamonds all along the sides of the face of the watch. AND he engraved the back to say "Christmas 2011" - I think that implies that he wants more Christmases with me....

Just relaxing before we opened the Christmas presents :)

I am very grateful this year to have such a wonderful man in my life. I missed my family dearly, but I had a great holiday. See you in the New Year everyone!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 31, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hurray! Love the new blog :) And I like the pics. Mr. A (I'm going to start calling him that on here all the time too- oh dear! haha) has good taste! Joop looks very dashing in his coat. Nice pic of the two of you. Happy New Year!! :)

 
At December 31, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Mr. A" is an fantastic name :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home