<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Fitness Schmitness

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fitness Schmitness

Oh the joys of running down the street on a sunny day with a light breeze blowing past you... not.

I really wish that I could be one of those people that enjoyed activities like running. I'm really not. Despite that I've set this goal for myself that I want to run a 5K! Some of you may recall that I set this goal last year as well... however, multiple wrist injuries prevented my training from getting too far. Also, some of you may think "push posh Lindi! That's so easy!". False. Actually not easy for me, lol.

Nevertheless, I'm trying to find my motivation again. I always think that it's motivating to have other people around you who are active and want to me active with you. My BFF is one of those types of people - she motivates me to stay on track with my goals and encourages my fitness by joining me when she can. Unfortunately she lives 3 provinces away now... not so easy to take fitness classes together. There's no one that I know out hear that is at my level that wants to be fit with me... or at least no one I can think of. So now my only option is to motivate my self. I find that particularly difficult for the following reasons:

1) I don't enjoy working out by myself
2) I don't have money for a gym membership
3) I like eating junk food
4) My boyfriend already thinks I'm hot

So I had to come up with a new plan of action to target each of these difficulties! Here goes...

1) I've been doing some fun active activities like bootcamp and dodgeball. They're also relatively cheap, so it's like win-win!
2) I'm motivated by my goal to run 5k (and hopefully will stay motivated!) which I can mostly do in my free gym (for now) and outside once the weather is nicer.
3) I've given up snacking for lent. This doesn't mean I have to give up all the foods I like if I eat them at appropriate times and in appropriate portions - but hopefully I won't snack unnecessarily. Lent is just added motivation to eat healthier :)
4) Well... there's not much I can do about this one... I'll just plan on looking even hotter :)

So that's the plan. Now it's everyone else's responsibility to make sure I keep up with it!

Wish me luck :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 5:29 AM , Blogger jennyc said...

this is a great post. particularly #4 of the first section. i know it's true.

also, i can just hear the 'fitness schmitness' LOL.

I miss you!

also, impressive Lenten goal. i didn't do one this year.. bad me. but i failed miserable when i tried to give up 'storebought baked goods' last year. haha.

 
At February 24, 2012 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Ashley said...

so I have the same problems/goals (minus the added fun of my non-existent boyfriend already thinking i'm hot)... and no free gym to help out in the mean time... tres difficile.

 
At February 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl! i'll try my best to motivate you from three provinces away. I know what motivates me when I don't feel like working out is remembering the great feeling afterward. And remember, exercise is more than just shaping your body, its about taking care of your health (heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, bones, brain...I could go on and on lol, there are so many physical, mental/psychological and social benefits to exercise). And don't forget to reward yourself for the little things, exercise comes in many forms (not just the gym/sports). Like taking the stairs, walking Joop, etc.
Anyway...enough rec therapist talk...you'll do great! and just so you know, we will be going for a run when you come to ON in the spring, so you better keep up with it lol...no pressure.
- Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home