<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Love xoxo

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love xoxo

This is my belated Valentines Day post. I think there are many mixed feelings in the world about Valentines Day. When I was single and lonely it wasn't particularly my favourite day... but I use to find ways to have fun with my girlfriends. These days I have the love of my life, and I'm excited to celebrate love with him - although he doesn't really need a special day because he does a good job of expressing that to me on a regular basis. But I still like so celebrate Valentines Day the way I use to - by thinking of it as a day to celebrate love in general - mothers, fathers, friends, boyfriends, children, etc.

So instead of posting about my love-life, I thought I would share some of the things that I've learned about love from the people who showed me everyday: my mommy and daddy.
  • Love is beautiful
  • Love means putting others first
  • Love means taking off other people's gross, smelly socks after they've worked a hard day
  • Love means making sacrifices
  • Love is smiling & laughing at his jokes even if no one else gets them
  • Love means encouraging one another and telling her that she's "hot" (especially when she feels like she's not [although she ALWAYS is])
  • Love can be expressed through hugs, kisses, ass-grabs, and sweet nothings - even if your kids are grossed out
  • Love is not only shown with flowers (although they are much appreciated when they do come!)
  • Love is in the little things - getting a plate of food, getting up early to make coffee, encouraging her decisions, making time to watch silly tv shows together
  • Love needs to be expressed every day
  • "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
Happy (belated) Valentines Day everyone!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very sweet, i like :) happy vday babe!
alyssa

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this Lindi!! that is a great pic of your parents too. lovebirds! :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made me laugh - and cry!! Love you, too! Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home