<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Running Update

Monday, March 19, 2012

Running Update



I can actually say for the first time in my life that I went for a run outside and enjoyed it. I don't know if it was the actual act of running I enjoyed, or the triumph of having a minor success in my personal challenge, but that doesn't matter. Either way I felt great!

A few weeks ago I had taken a hiatus from running. I was sick for a while, and I got busy with all of my house-hunting. So running (not exactly a high priority) took a backseat. Turns out that in running terms, two weeks without training can be a long time. The longest I had ever ran before without stopping was just over 4K (that doesn't seem like much, but it was a huge success for me!). When I started again post-break, I could only do about 2K without wanting to die. Now, don't get me wrong, 2K is still a triumph for me, considering I use to want to give up after 30 seconds, but it was disappointing.

Well, realizing that gave me the motivation I needed to continue training. I run at a very slow pace, but I'm making progress and I'm proud of that. I ran on a track at the fitness centre and realized that I enjoyed that more than my go-to treadmill, and that I could still run the same distance. That got me thinking that maybe I would enjoy outdoor running, so I tried it and I did! About 2.5K at a very slow rate, but I did it!

Unfortunately, that was in Edmonton, and it's still a little snowy/icy for me to feel comfortable running outside in GP, but it's getting warmer outside. Let's hope this motivation stays with me!

Goal reminder: Be able to run 5K (with my best friend in Ontario in May!)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you're doing awesome! I'm so impressed that you ran outside in Edmonton in march! (and on a weekend when you were away having fun, too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home