<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : New Running Goal

Monday, August 6, 2012

New Running Goal


Haven't seen me blog about this in a while eh?! Well, that's probably because a) I haven't been blogging and b) I haven't been running. Whoops!

But now that I'm getting into the spirit of blogging again, I'm also finding the time to run again somehow. I was very pleased with myself when I got up to run earlier this week and found that I had not completely lost all of the training I had done. In fact, I ran a fairly effortless 2.5km, despite not running for ages, and despite the fact that one year ago, running 2.5 minutes would have made me want to die (not really... but it would not have been fun!).

So now, I'm looking for a goal to keep me on track to my original "Run a 5K" goal. I think I found it. There's a 5K that they have in the fall in grande prairie, called the fall classic. It's usually at the end of September but they haven't posted a date for this year yet. It's right before my wedding, so it should help me keep in shape up until the big day (YAY!).

I'm thinking that it'll be a really good challenge for me. The other part of my goal is to try and run this 5K in 35 minutes. I'm not sure if this is actually achievable for me cause I'm a pretty slow runner, but it gives me something to strive for.

Today I ran 5.4K total, BUT only ran 4.3K without walking, and then walked a few minutes and then ran the rest of the way home. The whole run took me 45 minutes, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to cut down once I can run without stopping, but I'm hoping to push myself a bit and decrease my time.

This gives me 6 or 7 weeks to train for it, which should hopefully be enough. We'll see if I can stay motivated!!

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

Awesome! If the run is the last week of September I can come cheer you on :)

 
At August 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo you go girl! isn't running the bestest! and if by chance it's the last day of september I can come cheer you on too...or run with you ;)
alyssa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home