<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : 5 Reasons that Winter in Better in Alberta Than Ontario

Thursday, March 7, 2013

5 Reasons that Winter in Better in Alberta Than Ontario

I've never been a huge fan of winter... but I have to admit, that I like it better now that I live in Grande Prairie, Alberta, than I ever liked it in Ontario! 

Here are 5 reasons that winter is better here
  1. It's a DRY snow. Seriously... this may not seem like a huge difference, but -40 degrees in GP feels warmer than -15 degrees in Ontario. You don't stay cold forever!! I walk inside, and I'm warm... imagine that people of Ontario... just imagine... 
  2. The sun stays out here. There are so many dark and dreary days in the Ontario winters. I think we have one of the highest number of sunny days in all of Canada - sun in the winter makes it much more enjoyable. 
  3. Snow comes and it stays! It's not brown and wet all winter long. AND because the snow stays, people here enjoy winter sports a bit more too. Not just the indoor ones (which of course people love their hockey and curling here), but the outdoor ones like snowshoeing, snowboarding, downhill and cross-country skiing! I've never enjoyed these sports as home, the snow just doesn't stay long enough so you don't have to find snow sports to stay active. 
  4. The daylight is ALWAYS changing here. In Ontario, it's like the length of the days plateaus. They just stay the same - short and grey... for months. But here, the days are always getting noticeably shorter or longer. Which means that in February, you start to feel spring coming because the sunlight is changing. [Note: This also accounts for my love of the LONG sunny days in the summer too!]
  5. Longer winters mean more tropical getaways! Because the winters are long here... there are a LOT of people who take warm weather vacations. And now our airport is even catering to that, with flights straight from here to Mexico! Can't wait for my first winter getaway :) 

Here are some pics of my puppies and I enjoying the GP snow!
(Note: these picks were from a while ago... it;s no longer this snowy here, lol). 




There you have it - winter is better here... that's not to say that I'm not excited about the fact that spring is right around the corner!! Come on spring!!!!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home