<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : 6. Run Another 5K Race

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

6. Run Another 5K Race

Running season is upon us again! Almost... still some snow on the ground...  Running is not a skill that comes naturally to me though. Nor is it a passion that comes naturally. After I run I always feel great! It feels great to run a new distance, and great to accomplish a new goal, but I always need a bit of a kick in the butt to get going right away.

So how do I motivate myself to keep running?

First - It's one of my 13 of 13 goals on my New Years Resolution list. I'm sure that you're not all sitting at home wondering if I'm accomplishing my goals... checking everyday to see... (although I'd be thrilled to find out that you are! lol), but I've put it out to the world that I'm going to accomplish this. So I have to.

Second - I'm motivated to keep fit. Running always results in me feeling better. Someone once said to me "You'll never regret exercising, but you will regret it if you don't exercise when you can." So far that's true. I've never regretted going for a run or a jog, but I have regretted it if I chose to sit at home instead and be lazy (although sometimes a movie and popcorn just sounds better! ...Slash all the time).

Third - There's no one to compete with except myself. This is the best thing about running to me. Although I wasn't keen on the thought of coming in last place when I did my 5K run last year (it's fine though - I was no where near the end! haha). The beauty of running is that you're only trying to meet your own goals. Beat your own best time. Beat your own distance. Beat your own speed. I feel like I'd be more intimidated if I really had to compete with others.

Let running season begin! There's a 5K in Grande Prairie on May 12, 2013. Less than one month away! I have barely run at all throughout the winter, and when I started up again this Spring, I couldn't even go 2K without a few walking breaks... doesn't seem likely that I can change that quickly, but it just may be the motivation I need to get out on the streets earlier this year!

Here's Daisy and I headed out for a Spring run:



And here's Joop... waiting sadly at home for Daisy and I to come back... 


He even lifted his little paw after a bit...
< That's his puppy way of saying "please" as in "Please, can I go too!" >


Running friends, what do you think? 
Is it possible for me to train for a 5K in a month?

{love life}

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

yes, totally! You already did it last year so you know you can do it :) enjoy the sunny running weather!

 
At April 18, 2013 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

absolutely! Especially since you've done it already...I choose to believe that the body remembers, even after a break :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home