<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Best Friend Birthday Gift

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Best Friend Birthday Gift

I LOVE my bestie. 
Love. Love. Love her. 
She has been my friend for 20+ years, and was my Maid of Honor when I got married. 
(And actually.. probably was the best maid of honor in the history of the gig)
We grew up close to each other, but now we live 3 provinces away and only see each other a couple of times a year *tear*. 

The hardest thing about being so far away is that we no longer get to celebrate all of our birthdays, holidays, and accomplishments in person with one another. 
A phone call is just not suffice all the time. 
We still do our best to call and send a little something, but you often end up paying more for the shipping (darn Canada Post!) than you do for the gift itself when you mail anything. 

So I thought... what can I buy/make that meets all my criteria:
1. Thoughtful
2. Not too heavy to send by mail
3. Homemade (if possible)

So here's what I came up with... I bought a lightweight coffee mug, and filled it with chocolate, teas and a starbucks gift card. Then I crocheted some lovely coffee cozies for her mug :) 
Plus the homemade card with a picture from my wedding day [but that's a given with me...lol].
Ta-Da!


Love you times a million!
{xoxo}

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you too! And I loved loved loved my presie...I say loved because I have already consumed everything edible lol. Thanks again for everything! It was very thoughtful, and I love the card, I stuck it on my board at my desk at work. I also brought the mug a cozies to work and brag to everyone that you knit them. People are impressed!
Luv ya forever and for always :)
Your bff,
Alyssa <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home