<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Edmonton Getaway

Monday, April 29, 2013

Edmonton Getaway

 Another adventure!! YAY!! 
This weekend I was given FREE tickets to go to an Edmonton Oilers hockey game. 
It's a four hour drive from here... but FREE hockey tickets + shopping time = amazing!
I was disappointed when I found out that Mr. A had to work all weekend :( 
But that just turned it into a girls weekend! 
I grabbed my friend Mel, who likes hockey AND shopping better than Mr. A anyway! 
Off we went for another relaxing weekend away from home.

Here are some snippets from my weekend away:

My puppies watching me leave. They were a bit sad... 

 Mandatory trip to the dutch shop in Edmonton! Brought home some essentials... Speculaas (goes very good with tea), Nasi Goreng, and pea soup mix :)

And... did I mention shopping?? Here are a few of my finds. Note the similarities to the items on my Spring Fashion Wish List here. I was shopping very purposefully. Not only because my husband tries to make me budget (hehehe), but also because I had made a list and didn't need to do any impulse shopping! The baby things are for my friends new baby (just in case people had any ideas...).

And after all the shopping... dun duh duh DUN! OILERS GAME!!!! Here's Mel and I getting excited before the game started! Both proud owners of Oilers jerseys :)
[ps - look how GOOD our seats are!!! And did I mention that they were free!!!]

Classic hockey meal. 

Game started off well! 

And ended well! 7-2 for the Oilers. They may not have made it to the playoffs, but I got to see a very exciting game where they battled in an on-and-off tie game for the first two periods, and then slaughtered the Canucks in the third period. Great game to go see! Here are all the players celebrating the end of their season.

I woke up for a relaxing morning before we had to hit the road, and so did Diesel. 

These magazines were SUCH a good decision!  I can't wait to go garage saleing!!!

And here's my after-run glow on Sunday morning. I have to keep up the practice on holidays if I really want to succeed in the race mentioned here

Joop was sad he missed everything, so he made sure he was ready for the next time I left... 

It was a great weekend! 
Great escape from GP. Great company. Great weather (mostly). 
BEST live sports game I've ever seen :) 

{xoxo}

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Lisa T said...

Are you an Oilers fan now?! Gasp! Looks like fun :) Also, I want all your new clothes, especially the belt (except the baby ones..not there yet.. lol)

 
At April 30, 2013 at 4:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun weekend! The pic of Joop in the bag is hilarious. And I love Dutch shops! :D

 
At April 30, 2013 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Lindi said...

haha, I AM an Oilers fan first, and a fan of all Canadian teams second :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home