<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : He Restores My Soul

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

He Restores My Soul


This week we celebrate. 
We celebrate the life of my father-in-law. 
Husband. Father. Brother. Friend. Mechanic. 
Ray lived a life worthy of celebration. 

On March 3rd we celebrated the 74th birthday of this amazing man. He sat with us, ate with us, laughed with us, prayed with us, and played games with us. Only one month later we grieve because he has left us on Earth, but we have comfort in the knowledge that he loved the Lord with all his heart, and demonstrated the peace he felt in his salvation and his freedom in heaven. I am grateful for the opportunities that I had to get to know him. Grateful for the times he teased me and told me Russel spoiled me too much. Grateful for the confidence in Jesus that he shared with us. Grateful that he raised his son to be honest, loyal, and hard-working. Grateful for the intimate moment we shared the day he passed when I told him I loved him and he said, "You know I love you too". 
Ray, I promise I will look after your baby boy. 




Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


Rest in Peace Dad
March 3, 1939 - April 7, 2013
{xoxo}

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful Lindi. You brought a tear to my eye and I only met Ray at your wedding. Praying for strength for you all this week. Lots of love!

 
At April 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Lisa T said...

Beautifully written Lindi - you have a gift with words. Love you guys!

 
At April 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful

 
At April 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

To say we are sorry for your loss feels inadequite , after reading your memorial to your father inlaw , we are given a veiw into your life and we embrace it. When you lose we lose,.when you grieve we grieve.We will hold you and Russell close at heart love Jeff and Samantha.

 
At April 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Stephanie F said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad Lindi and Russel. Tearing up at your post - you have some great memories! Will pray for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home