<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Gardening Week: Indoor Plants

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gardening Week: Indoor Plants

Does the word gardening apply to caring for indoor plants too? I don't know... but it does now!
I lived on my own for 6 years before I had any indoor plants that I was able to keep alive.
I had the occasional bouquet of flowers, and a plant here or there that died... but none of my own.
Until I got a home. Then I started getting them as gifts!
You probably know from my previous posts that I have a bit of a black thumb... a killer thumb.
But I've learned some things about these indoor guys too!
Starting with the most obvious - when the soil feels dry, they need water.
Seems obvious right? Well... apparently not to me... lol.
I would just water them willy nilly and hope to keep them alive. Things are going better now!


This plant in the window was almost dead. Mr. A gave it to me when I was sick once.
I managed to revive it with a little love (and some water). It even flowers again now! 

This orchid was a housewarming gift! I would've thrown it away months ago, but my mother-in-law taught be how to check if the leaves are still alive - and they are. She's says it'll come back. I'm still not convinced, but it flowered beautifully once so I'm willing to wait and see.

These shamrocks are from some relatives. But totally invincible. They were my first plants, and although they almost died once, they are still here now, and are thriving!

These two babies were on the verge of being thrown away once too - because I thought they were dead. Are we seeing a theme here?? But they both came back to life. The rose was just a miracle!

Apparently african violets only like water on their feet - not their leaves.... definitely had this plant hating me for the first few months!

And then there's my trusted friend. The bamboo plants. This is as low maintenance as plant owning gets.
My mama bought this with me - my first ever plant!
Alive and doing well :)

And yet another bamboo friend. A housewarming gift that keeps on giving :)
We keep it in the living room where people can see it because it's definitely an interesting centrepiece.

{grow}

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home