<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Strawberry Loaf

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Strawberry Loaf

I love loaves. Virtually any kind. 
 When we buy bananas, I intentionally save the last three so that I can make (another) banana loaf!
So in my search for amazing loaf recipes, I found/adapted one for a strawberry loaf. 
Luckily I had a basket of strawberries waiting in the fridge, and surprising had all of the other ingredients on hand as well (this rarely happens in my kitchen!)

Here's what you need: 
2 c strawberries (hulled and sliced)
 1 c sugar
 1 1/2 c flour
 1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
 1/4 tsp salt
 2 large eggs
 1/4 c melted butter
 1/4 c applesauce


Here's what you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the sugar
3. In a large bowl, blend the remaining sugar, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. 
4. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Then beat in the butter and applesauce. Stir in the strawberries. Combine the two mixtures, blending until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Scrape the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes (I needed 55). 
6. Cool for 10 minutes when done, before removing from pan. Serve with butter or cream cheese if desired :)


{yumm}

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

I do this with bananas too! so good :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home