<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Leftover Pie Filling Turnovers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Leftover Pie Filling Turnovers

I have a recipe for a DELICIOUS no bake cherry cheese pie that my mom always use to make and I love it! Therefore, my husband and I get to eat it when we have guests over :)

I always have leftover pie filling at the end and I'm never quite sure what to make with it.
Usually it goes on top of some vanilla ice cream after its all heated up, or it goes ingnored, and eventually into the trash can (*gasp*)... what would my oma say!!

Do I found a recipe for some leftover pie filling turnovers and decided to try them.
I modified it a bit, but its perfect for leftovers because it only makes about 8 turnovers :)


Here are the easy steps:
(takes about 15 minutes to prep, if that)

1. Preheat oven to 375F

2. Mix together 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp salt, and 3 tsp. baking powder

3. Rub in 1/4 cup of butter. Then stir in 1 cup of milk so dough is soft and sticky.

4. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth.

5. Cut dough into squares. Put a dollop of pie filling in the centre. Sprinkle with sugar. Fold over and place on a greased cookie sheet.

6. Cut slashes in the tops of the turnovers. Brush with milk. Drizzle with sugar.

7. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.


All done :) They actually ended up tasting much more like scones (which I think my husband likes better anyway!) so they were perfect for breakfasts!

They were delicious!! So we made some more when they were gone - with leftover blueberry pie filling :)

{yumm}

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm, these look delicious. Would love to have enjoy one with you over a nice coffee!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home