<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Studying Up

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Studying Up

The amount of reading that I do always decreases during the summer.
I'm too busy spending time outside and enjoying the fresh air. 
Even when I do hunker down with a book, I'm usually sitting on my back deck or a beach soaking up the sun as well. 
Besides the fact that I haven't been reading much, whenever I do turn to a book it's usually baby related. 
I feel like there is just sooo much information to take in! 
I have to be careful that I don't fill my head with too much information that it becomes overwhelming, but I like to know that my symptoms (or lack of symptoms really) are normal too.
And I like to read what's good for the baby's growth so that I'm more encouraged to be healthy. 
Without the books (and my helpful CSA produce!), I would not be eating as many leafy greens. 
So I'm still reading and learning :)


Some friends have warned me that reading ahead of time is good, but reading books about what happens after the baby is born are not helpful. 
They tell me that I have to get to know my own baby and not fill my head with info about other babies. 
I haven't formed an opinion on this yet (maybe cause I'm nowhere near that stage! lol). 
I can understand the need to get to know your own baby obviously, but I also see the merits in finding out how other parents coped with changes, etc. 
I think that since I've been around a lot of kids in my life, and babysitting them since I was legally allowed to (and even a bit before that.... shhhh) I'm not all that nervous about the baby being here and pooping and crying, but I can see how others would be (aka my husband!). 
I am maybe nervous about what to do if babykins gets sick... but that's normal I think. 
Anyway, what did you do? Did you read up? Scour the internet?
Any thoughts? 
Good "baby" books? 
Did you avoid them?

For now, I'll just keep learning from my pre-baby books :)

{xoxo}

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

For B I don't think I read anything besides pregnancy stuff either. It just didn't really seem relevant yet when I was pregnant.
I did get weekly emails from baby centre and the bump. But then I unsubscribed after she was born cause it was WAY too many emails. :)

 
At July 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM , Anonymous Katie Vander Schaaf said...

I read what to expect. But like you said, I have been around kids/newborns my whole life, I actually felt really prepared. We did pre natal classes which we really informative especially around things like breast feeding which I obviously wouldn't know about. The classes were great for Greg because he had a million questions and it was nice to have them directed at someone else and he could get a confident answer. Highly recommend. I googled a lot (and even more now!) Not always a good idea, but can't help it :) I'm also worried about Casey's first cold - normal! Mostly, its learning by doing I think. We were made for this. You will both be great parents! ♥

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home