<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : CSA Update

Thursday, August 22, 2013

CSA Update

So I thought I should update everyone on our CSA investment. 
If you missed the prelude you can read about how and why we chose to join with Summer's Gold this year to get fresh vegetables during the summer. 

As I had stated in the previous post, I was definitely worried after the first couple of veggie deliveries. 
The amount of veggies we received was disappointing. Not really vegetables we used on a daily basis to begin with (i.e. radishes, green onions), but also not nearly enough to get by without going out to buy our own. But as the weeks have rolled on, the veggies have become more diverse and the amount has substantially increased. Even after giving one third away to our friend and fellow shareholder, we've had tons of vegetables for the week. Here's some pictures of a load we got somewhere in the middle (potatoes, cucumber, lettuce, beat greens, broccoli, radishes and a tomato): 


Last week we received cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, peas, green beans, potatoes, & dill. 
We're now at the point where we can't always finish the veggies before the next load gets here. 
Having the fresh veggies have been amazing. I pick up the odd things to supplement what we already have, such as carrots to make coleslaw, and tomatoes for salads, but we can mostly make do with what we're receiving from the CSA. 

This weeks [pictured below] we received potatoes, peas, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, turnip, and kohlrabi. What's kohlrabi you ask?? I have no idea! I've never heard of it. But I am gonna learn how to cook it!


Here's a closer look at my new purple friend, kohlrabi :) 


Stay tuned to find out what I decided to do with kohlrabi and turnip.
Should make for some interesting meals this week!

At this stage, I would say that we will definitely be ordering from the CSA again next year, but I'll keep you posted as the summer goes on :) 

{xoxo}

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kohlrabi is best eaten raw with dip!! Yummo!I have never tried to cook it!!
Lianne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home