<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Kohlrabi Home Fries

Friday, August 23, 2013

Kohlrabi Home Fries

I was in shock when I received this strange purple vegetable... who knew this existed?
Kohlrabi? 
Sounds made up.
But it's not, and apparently a lot of people had heard of it before, lol. 


A lot of people suggested that we eat it raw, which I'll have to try next time because in the midst of our cooking, I never even popped a piece in my mouth! 
We decided to make Kohlrabi Home Fries - hence the title ;)
They were very easy to make and tasted great!

1. Chop Kohlrabi into homefry sized pieces


2. Fry them in lots of oil. (note: they cook very quickly!)

(
3. Mix together 1 tbsp of cumin, 1 tbsp. of chili powder, and 1/2 tbsp of sea salt. Sprinkle on top after cooking and spread evenly.


4. Enjoy!


Not something I expected to eat at the onset of the week, but it was a happy change from the ordinary meals and vegetables :) 
There's a 100% chance I'll try this again if I get more kohlrabi this year! 

{xoxo}

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home