<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Pre-Mama Midnight Meltdown

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pre-Mama Midnight Meltdown

Almost 20 weeks now! Passed 4 weeks a couple of weeks ago, but here are some snippets to show the progress:


I would tell you that everything is going wonderfully... because honestly, for the most part, everything is! Except for a few select moments.... when my tiredness takes over my body. Or my hormones take over my body. Apparently pregnancy hormones are real. My husband can testify to the fact that mine have come in a few waves. Most notably, a tidal wave the other night.

I was just having one of those days. Nothing was going quite right. Bad moments were piling up like weights on my shoulders. People were annoying me (for doing virtually nothing). To top off all this, I was still coughing from my perpetual summer cold. Blahhh. So then I think to myself, at least I'm taking care of this baby, right? Well... on this same glorious day I overheard a radio show about things NOT to do when pregnant. They talked about the usuals - no alcohol, smoking, sushi. And then deli meat, especially turkey. I had heard this in the past, but it never really sunk in, until this dreaded day when I had just finished a delicious turkey sub for lunch. 30 minutes before this show! Oh horrible day... have mercy on me!

So I tried to move on... tried to let it all go. And was almost entirely successful. Until that moment in the middle of the night when my husband unwrapped his arms from around me and I just started balling! Full on sobbing. The hormones caught up with me and I was a mess! I remember be extremely upset because I was coughing and everyone was still awake (including the dogs!). Mr. A obviously didn't know what was wrong with me... he asked and I sobbed out something like, "I had a bad day. And I have a cold. And now no one can sleep. And I think I poisoned our baby!!!". In retrospect this was a little dramatic, but in that moment I was truly sobbing out all of my frustrations since this pregnancy started.

Lucky for me I have a very loving husband, who slowly and cautiously worked his way into cuddling me again, and just repeated, "this must be the pregnancy" to himself over and over again. He told me the next day that when I talked about keeping the dogs awake with my coughing, he thought to himself, "this is ridiculous!". Lol. Hormones.

I felt a million times better the next day. Less frustrated. Less tired. Mr. A even brought this beautiful bouquet of flowers home [below] to help me feel better! Looking back I just laugh at the whole event. Maybe someone will read this and not feel so bad about one of their pre-mama meltdowns?!? lol..

Hopefully this doesn't happen again... but it might...


God Bless my loving husband :)
{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looking good Mama! Pregnancy suits you. Sounds like Russel is doing excellently at the care and management of a pregnant wife ;)
I'm sure I had my moments.. Brian would know.. can't remember right now due to lack of sleep! (i forgot what it was like to be up all night, lol)

 
At August 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you also forgot to mention how worried/upset you were that you had woke up the puppies and, to which i replied "they sleep all day - I am sure they will be fine, pretty sure they are just trying to find a cold spot on the floor"

Luv you!

Mr. A

 
At August 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Katie Vschaaf said...

I had MANY meltdowns and the majority having to do with our dog as well! Totally normal, you'll be keeping them up through the night soon enough. That's the worst part for our Lucy dog, shes not been getting her usual 16 hrs of sleep at night lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home