<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Holding Onto Nostalgia

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Holding Onto Nostalgia

The problem I have with making my own cards (and with other people making them for me!) is that I never want to throw them away!
I feel awful throwing away cards that people have put so much effort into.
Sometimes there are also cards that are just a bit more meaningful that I want to keep too - like my husbands first card to me, or my father-in-laws last card. 
So I came up with a plan to save them.
Below are a bunch of cards that have been sitting on a windowsill in our office for ages.


All I needed was a hole punch and two 1" rings.(I bought them from Staples).

I just punched two holes through all the cards (which was actually really tough for some of the cards with three layers of cardstock or ribbon on them! Hello thrice broken wrist! Ow!), and then ran all the cards through the rings. 
Now all the cards will be kept and can be stored nicely - like a compact flip-book :)


I would really like to do this with all our wedding cards too, as well as baby cards one day :) 
One step closer to getting my life organized! 

{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Laurie Mae said...

Great idea. Next time, let Russel punch the holes!! ♥ Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home