<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : DIY Christmas Advent Tree

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

DIY Christmas Advent Tree

Being outdoors this winter inspired me to make a rustic advent calendar. 
I envisioned the beautiful bare branches covered in rustic bags and shiny ornaments. 
My husband was gracious enough to bring along a saw to cut some branches for me on one of our lovely winter walks this year :)


First I created the advent bags using the tutorial here
They were super easy to stamp and label. 
Once they were done I filled them with silver, gold, and black tissue paper to match the rest of the tree decorations :)

Next, I made some fun glittery Christmas ornaments, using this tutorial
I love the gold and silver colours shining off of the tree branches.

To make the stand, I filled a silver milk jug with rocks, places the braches in, and set it all upon a gold platter (from the dollar store - you can get everything there!). 
Then I used moss and pinecones to decorate at the top and bottom of the jug.
I finished it off by tying a festive gold bow around the top :)


Then I filled all of the bags before hanging them.
They were filled with one of two things - either a winter/Christmas activity for us to do together, or candy :)


Ta-Da! My finished project :)


Counting down the days now until December 1st so that my husband and I can open the first bag! 
(I made sure there were enough candy/chocolate pieces that we would both get one each time!).
Happy Holidays! 

{xoxo}

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home