<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : 10. Learn how to use a sewing machine - Check!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

10. Learn how to use a sewing machine - Check!

Through all of my crafting endeavors, I've never learned how to sew or use a sewing machine. 
This is a basic crafting skill, is it not?! 
I felt like learning to sew was an essential skill that I was missing from my repertoire,  so I may have hinted to the husband that it would be a great Christmas gift idea... 
and he came through! Like he always does!
 I received this beautiful new sewing machine on Christmas morning.


I immediately added "learn to sew" to my 14 of 14 goal list. 
And what better time to start learning then when I was already at home, and there still wasn't a baby! 
This may have been the last bit of free time I had for a while...

The machine came with a one hour tutorial on how to use the machine, which I booked promptly... although warning the teacher that I may go into labour before the class... 
Once I had some familiarity with the machine, my sister-in-law was gracious enough to spend some time helping me pick out fabrics, and then learning how to plan a receiving blanket :) 


It actually wasn't as hard as I thought. 
Once I understood a few basic concepts I was able to plow ahead at full speed. 
I finished one blanket with my sister-in-law, but figured that wasn't enough to say that I knew how to use my machine, so I promptly went home and completed another one. Sans help! 


And here are the finished products! 
Two well-constructed receiving blankets :)
Each one is 1m x 1m.


It's only January and I've already completed one of my goals! YAY! 
This will not be the last you see of my amazing sewing machine though :)

{xoxo}

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2014 at 8:14 AM , Blogger kiwiberg said...

Great crafting Lindi. I love the owls!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home