<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : I'm a Sewing Machine

Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm a Sewing Machine

Ever since I got my amazing new sewing machine for Christmas, my head has been swimming with projects that I need to learn to sew. So far, I've only learned how to make one project, and I am perfecting my skills! 
This week I found some time to make a few more baby receiving blankets while mom worked on a crocheted blanket for my baby girl :) My skills are slowly improving! 



These will make for some lovely baby shower gifts! 
I'm thrilled to be gaining confidence with another crafty skill and expanding my creative repertoire. 
The more things I can make myself, the better!


My mind is swimming with more projects to learn, but the next one on my agenda is some cute snack bags, similar to the one shown below. 
Learning to attached velcro shouldn't be to hard, but I'd like to make some with zippers too, which will probably present a bit of a challenge. YouTube sewing videos here I come! 

Source
Anyone have any other easy projects to recommend?? 
I'm open to ideas! 

{xoxo}

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 11, 2014 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

Those look so good! I miss my sewing machine - it's been in storage since we moved, can't wait to start again! A friend was saying that a great project (especially for new mums and gifts) is to make extra big nursing wraps/covers that can double as blankets since she said the ones in the stores are generally too small for that? Idk exactly what those are, but it sounds fun :) Also, you'll rock zippers - it's really not hard since the machine does all the work of measuring etc. :)

 
At February 11, 2014 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Janessa said...

Those blankets look amazing! You're getting super good! Here's a couple of easy projects that I've been meaning to try, though not till after the quilt is done probably!
http://creamerchronicles.blogspot.ca/2010/06/hand-towel-love.html
http://www.realphotography.com/traci/?p=1730
http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2012/06/flannel-rag-quilt.html

 
At February 11, 2014 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

Yes! That's such a great idea! And a great gift for new moms - my sister-in-law made one for me and I love it!

 
At February 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

These are great! I will totally try the first towel one - those are so useful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home