<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Owl Mobile for the Nursery

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Owl Mobile for the Nursery


I'm so happy with this owl mobile that now sits in Ellie's room above her crib :)
I knew that Ellie's room would incorporate many homemade items, and a mobile was always on my list of things to design.
In keeping with the owl theme that I imagined for my nursery way back in this post, I decided to brainstorm ways to make my own owl mobile.
Although I have a sewing machine now, I didn't have one when the brainstorming began, and sewing by hand is not my forte, so I ixnayed that idea, leaving me with the option of knitting or crocheting.

In my searching I found this "Owl Puffs" tutorial on Ravelry.com
 [Side note: If you knit or chrochet and haven't heard of this online site for sharing knitting patterns, you should go check it out right now.] 
Since they appeared to be the right size for a mobile, and since I have an abundance of cotton thread, my owl mobile idea was born!

Here is my daughter, showing off all of the materials needs to make the mobile:

Materials:
Yarn of various colours (as desired) and knitting needles
[I used worsted weight yarn and the suggested needle size on the yarn package]
Black and white felt for the eyes
Embroidery thread for the nose
Crazy glue to attach the eyes
Fishing wire
Embroidery Hoop
Hook (to hang
Spray paint (if you want to colour your embroidery hoop)


The task is pretty straight forward actually.
  1. Follow the pattern [link above] to make five owls, as desired,
  2. Cut and spray paint the embroidery hoop. Attach hook to the top to hang the mobile, and drill small holes in the centre, and edges of hanging edge to draw the fishing line through. 
  3. Attach the owls with fishing line. 
That's it! Done :) 


What do you think??
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial! 
Good luck with your mobiles :) 

{xoxo}

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So cute! I love the stripey ones. You're quite the knitter now! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home