<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Learning to Run Again

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Learning to Run Again


Here we go again... learning to run for the third time in a couple of years. 
Every time starting back at ground zero. 
Run one minute. Walk two. Run one minute. Walk two. 
Is there such as thing as yo-yo running??

I used to loathe running.
Remember in high school when you had to run for 10 minutes in gym class? Those were my worst memories of high school. Pure torture!
My how times have changed… now I'm praying to be able to run 10 minutes straight again.

Running is still not something that comes naturally to me or my body.
I really have to work at it. And I mean really.
Every time I stop running, even if only for a few weeks, I have to start back at the bottom: run one minute, walk two, etc.
So why am I putting myself through all this?
Simple. I'm an efficient person. Running is the most efficient way to get fit.
That's how I always convince myself to dust off my sneakers again.
I remind myself how good it is for my body and convince myself that it will help me lose weight and get fit faster than anything else.
Then, once I start, I'm reminded how it makes me feel: goooood.
Every time I run a little further, meet another goal, lose a little weight, gain a little muscle. It all feels good and motivates me to keep going.

So I started to run again. Slowly.
I'm hoping to be able to run in another 5k this year.
Aiming for the fall race because I doubt I'll make the Spring race in GP (only 7 weeks away - HA!).
Running with a stroller opens a whole new world of challenges that will push me to work even harder to reach my goals.
I look forward to those rare days when I will get to go out without the stroller, and I get amazed by how far and how fast I can go sans baby. I can just imagine the amazing feeling now!
Wish me luck as I start back on my yo-yo running diet!

{xoxo}

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Janessa said...

This is encouraging and I love it. I have a goal to run a 5k this summer and super have to get started on that!! This inspires me to start. :)

 
At March 27, 2014 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Lisa T said...

You're awesome and I agree with Janessa this is very inspiring!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home