<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Horray! Crochet!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Horray! Crochet!

As if I don't have enough hobbies already... my knitting inspired me to try crocheting as well! And I'm loving it! It's so fun. I wanted to try crocheting as soon as I had picked up knitting needles. There are so many inspirational crafts that I can make using both crocheting and knitting. Sometimes things just look better when they're crocheted. And sometimes they look better when knit. I just couldn't limit myself to only one skill! 

So I picked up the crocheting book that I got from my Daddy for Christmas (I may have put a hint in his ear... ) and I began to teach myself! It's really not that hard... there are only 5 major stitches to learn, and they are all very similar. It takes less time then knitting too! I can whip up a crocheted dishcloth in half of time of a knitted one. 

So here are some of the projects I started... 



I used this video tutorial to learn how to crochet the hearts. 


I used this video tutorial to learn how to crochet the coffee sleeves (and then modified it as needed). 

Then I just made this owl for fun cause I thought it was adorable! I originally made it to try and fit it on one of my coffee sleeves, but it was far too big, so I added hearts to that sleeve instead. Now I'll have to engineer a way to modify the owl so that it's the correct size. Can't be that hard right?? 


Right now the owl is sitting on our fireplace mantle... any creative thoughts on where to put it? Maybe on a shelf in a baby room one day... lol.

Next Projects: New Coffee Cozy
Tea Cozy
Afghan 
(eventually....)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need you to send us a couple of the sleeves for coffee cups! Heather would like a pink one and a black one and I would be happy with any colour!! Lol. Love, Mom

 
At April 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Lindi said...

No requests from Lacey? lol

 
At April 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She hadn't seen them, but she says she'll take whatever colour too!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home