<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Early Nursery Ideas

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Early Nursery Ideas

For all of your viewing pleasure, here is my gender neutral nursery room inspiration board:


There are a few themes running through the board:
  1. Navy, yellow and grey. I hummed and hawed about these colours, but when I see them together I'm very happy.It's actually fairly easy to find products in these colours because they're popular right now, and I like the idea of having just pops of yellow throughout the room.

  2. Patterns. I love the lively patterns in these pictures. From the trellis printed rug to the chevron printed pillows. I really would love some patterns to pop out in this nursery and liven the room.

  3. Crafty touches. My baby room will not be complete until I have completed a few projects for it! The Owl mobile is ADORABLE (or maybe thats just me and my love of owls, lol). I don't know if I can create something as intricate, but I can try! And the letter frame is something that I will 100% be copying with scrapbook paper :) Many more projects in my mind that aren't on this board though.

  4. Functionality. Although I want everything to flow and look great, it also all needs to be functional. After all, babies will be crawling around on these floors! I definitely will need something ultra fluffy and/or comfy for the baby to rest on on the floor (a flat rug probably won't do the trick!). Any chair will have to be in the form of a rocker or glider - just a necessity. And storage! It can look pretty, but it better store all the clothes, books, and cloth diapers well! 

  5. Neutral. Last but not least... it has to be appropriate for a boy or a girl. Since we've decided not to find out what we're having, I have to rein in the decorating and keep it neutral until the baby comes. Once he or she is here I can add pink dolls or red firetrucks, but until then, it stays clean and neutral :)
Thoughts?? Other suggestions are welcome, but you better be quick cause I'm gonna start shopping soon. Only four more months to get ready!!

{love}

    Labels: , , , ,

    2 Comments:

    At September 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love those colours! Very modern and fun. :) You should get a dresser and put a changing pad on top of it, instead of a changing table.... maybe you were already going to do that since there is a picture of a dresser? But its nice to have a piece of furniture that does 2 things :)
    Also, I agree about the necessity of a rocker/ glider.! We have a wooden rocker and I spend a couple of hours in it every night :)

     
    At September 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Lindi said...

    Thanks Jenny! I totally am planning to do that! Function! I want the dresser to last. Unless we find a really nice vintage change table or something... that's all that would change my mind.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home