<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : DIY Gift Mug

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

DIY Gift Mug


I've seen mugs like this floating around the Pinterest world, so I decided to try and out and make one for myself! Or rather, for someone else :)
The project was beyond simple!

Materials
Porcelain mug (mine is from the dollar store)
Permanent markers
Print-outs of your state/province (if you want one designed like mine)


I chose to use Alberta and Ontario photos because I was sending the mug to a friend living in Ontario. 
All I did was tape the cut-outs to either side of the mug, trace them, and connect the dots between our homes with the permanent markers. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes to let it set, and you're done! 
Mistakes are easily wiped away before it goes in the oven, so don't worry about errors as you draw. Also, I washed the mug after it had cooled. Scrubbing it took some of the marker off, so I simply re-applied ink to the dodgy bits and cooked it again for another 30 minutes. 
I advised my friend to always handwash it, and not to scrub the outside too hard - if it fades softly, she can always re-trace the lines herself :)


Go and make your own now! Enjoy!

{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i really like this! saw the pic on facebook and was wondering where you had bought it! :)

 
At March 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

does it have to be a laundry marker or will a regular permanent marker work?

 
At March 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Lindi said...

Any permanent marker will work. That's just the one I had :) you can see the red one is a totally different brand.

 
At March 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to be that someone else :)
Thanks again, your gift was so thoughtful and I'm still smiling. Ps- its the third day in a row I've had the tea, yum!
Luv ya,
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home